So I wandered into a lovely office in a nursery in Johannesburg to speak at Radio Today, a community radio station, to talk about the Exclusive Books catalogue that took four months to produce and is now a glorious, bountiful collection of books.
We also talk about publishing, books as objects of lust and untapped power of booksellers. I share the microphone with author Jo-Anne Richards and Richard Beynon, and was kindly and charmingly hosted by Bruce Dennill.
The podcast is available here at Bruce Dennill’s podcast channel and can be downloaded as well! (Such wonders of technology.)
There are some ideas in there that I have expanded on elsewhere on my blog:
- Book covers and their general uselessness
- What it takes to publish a book
- Why 50 Shades is just so bloody awful
- The rise of self-publishing
- My martial arts blog and career