How social are we, really? Is this real life, or is this just curation? I catch up with Heather Clancy, tastemaker deluxe, to talk smack about the psychology of social media, whether selfies are feminist, why ad-blockers rock and squatty potties. We also take some time to skim past the Oscars, why Treehouse is the future of work and rape culture in Game of Thrones. A jam-packed podcast with lots of swearing and general fun times.
You can find Heather on Twitter and Instagram, as well as Contently. You can email us at email@example.com or tweet us at @luckypacketpod.
- The Bubblegum Club
- What we mean by Skinner principles: operant conditioning
- World internet access stats
- The infamous Kardashian selfies book reviews
- Of course the first pictures were selfies
- The trans man who became a fitness model
- Run, Fat Bitch by Kelly Ansara
- Steve Jobs and the curse of open plan offices
- Why Treehouse is the future
- Squatty Potty (the autotune version)
- The sweet Honeymaids ad
- Harry Potter and the Other Boy Wizards
- Chuck Wendig on rape in Game of Thrones
- David Wong on how men are trained to hate women
Music credit goes to Jewel Beat.